CSCtn42790 Bug Details
3560X/3750X: Elevated CPU usage due to Hulc LED process
Hulc LED Process uses 15-30% CPU on Catalyst 3560X/3750X platforms.
The is seen in 12.2(53)SE releases or later.
This is an expected behavior and there is no workaround.
Further Problem Description:
The “Hulc LED” process does following tasks:
– Check Link status on every port
– If the switch supports POE, it checks to see if there is a Power Device (PD)
– Check the status of the transceiver
– Update Fan status
– Set Main LED and ports LEDs
– Update both Power Supplies and RPS
– Check on system temperature status