Used for environments like guest networks. DHCP and DNS must be functional along with a working Internet connection. Once the client has associated, its first request to the Internet is hijacked by the WLC and an HTTP redirect is issued pointing the client to the WLC’s virtual address (normally 220.127.116.11) where a login form is presented.
Users can be authenticated locally by the WLC or remotely by RADIUS or LDAP servers.
- Server IP address: 192.168.3.192
- Port Number: 389
- Bind Username: AD-ACCESS-USER (windows account name)
- Bind Password: xxxxxxxxxxx
- User Base DN: CN=Users,DC=cbtnuggets,DC=com
- User Attribute: sAMAccountName
- User Object Type: Person
By default, you cannot manage WLC from the wireless network. (To enable “Management > Management via Wireless”)