Superseded by Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Base License
- Plus License – HA, Mobility Services Engine
- Enterprise Plus – Navigator (manage multiple WCS instances (around 30,000 AP’s!)
- Windows 2003 Server or Enterprise Linux
Adding a Controller to WCS
- Browse to Configure > Controllers > Add Controllers
- Enter IP address and Subnet Mask
- Make sure that account used to connect to the WLC has sufficient privileges to execute CLI commands on said WLC.
- Make sure SNMP is configured properly as WCS becomes a destination for SNMP trap destination.
- Used to deploy similar configurations to multiple WLC’s
- Can be used to draw heatmaps for buildings: Monitor > Maps.