Cisco Unity Express
- Voicemail option integrated with Call Manager Express (aka Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express!),
- AIM (renamed to ISM – Internal Service Module) and NM (renamed to SM – Service Module) form factors.
- Up to 250 users
- Basic Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Auto-Attendant – “Press x for this, y for that”, Email (Exchange) Integration
Cisco Unity Connection
- Used by most people today
- Linux based appliance (same as CUCM)
- Previously “IMAP-ONLY” integration, now integrates with MS Exchange.
- 20,000 users per server
- Unlimited number of telephony integrations – Can talk to a CM cluster, CME router and PBX at the same time!
- Lots of features
- The original unified messaging
- Runs on a Windows platform and fully integrates into MS Exchange and Lotus Domino
- Painful to set up
- Still has some unique features, but fading quickly
- Currently supports 15,000 users per server
- Getting towards the end of life
- Provides Status Information
- Integrates into nearly IT facet (CUCM, IP Phones, Unity, LDAP Server etc)
- Uses industry standard SIP to collect data
- Integration with Personal Communicator (CUPC)
- Enterprise Instant Messenger